Wednesday, November 11, 2009

HE WILL WIPE AWAY ALL OF OUR TEARS

"Yesterday's Grief"
The falling rain of yesterday is ruby on the roses, silver on the poplar leaf , amd gold on willow stem; the grief that fell just yesterday is silence that encloses God's great gifts of grace, and time will never trouble them.
The falling rain of yesterday makes all the hillside glisten, coral on the laurel, and beryl on the grass. The grief that fell just yesterday has taught the soul to listen for whispers of eternity in all the winds that pass.
O faint of heart, storm-beaten, this rain will shine tomorrow, flame within the columbine and jewels on the thorn, Heaven in the forget-me-not; though sorrow now is sorrow, yet sorrow will be beauty in the magic of the morn.
This poem was written by Katherine Lee Bates. I can't say I understand all of it, but it seems to cry out to be looked into a little deeper. Let me know how you feel about it.

2 comments:

  1. The poem is beautiful and tear-inducing. It does speak to my heart and also tells me the author is someone who KNOWS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete